LANDOVER, Md., August 21, 2023 – The Washington Commanders have introduced an exciting new collaboration, forming a long-term alliance with Sire Spirits, the brainchild of acclaimed artist, entrepreneur, and philanthropist Curtis ’50 Cent’ Jackson.
This comprehensive collaboration entails the appointment of Sire Spirits’ Branson Cognac as the designated Official Cognac for the Washington Commanders, accompanied by the designation of Le Chemin Du Roi as the official Champagne of the team.
Notably, Jackson’s philanthropic arm, The G-Unity Foundation, is set to closely collaborate with the Washington Commanders Charitable Foundation, bolstering community endeavors throughout the DMV.
Jason Wright, President of the Washington Commanders, expressed enthusiasm: “Teaming up with Sire Spirits and Curtis ’50 Cent’ Jackson is a source of immense excitement as we strive to elevate the fan experience. 50 Cent’s alignment with our commitment to community betterment makes him the perfect partner.”
The partnership brings forth captivating enhancements, such as the rechristened “Branson Lounge & Gallery” on the Club Level, along with the themed “50 Yard Branson Bar” at the 50-yard line. Fans aged 21 and above will relish opportunities to savor the spirits firsthand during game days and fan gatherings, including the annual Draft Party.
Curtis ’50 Cent’ Jackson chimed in, “Sire Spirits’ integration into the NFL via the Washington Commanders is invigorating. The team’s change in ownership signifies promise, and we’re thrilled to join hands with like-minded proprietors who share our community-driven ethos. I’m eagerly anticipating engaging with the DMV community, attending games post my Final Lap global tour, and introducing my acclaimed cognac and champagne to enthusiasts across the region.”
Beyond the gameday realm, the partnership amplifies the Commanders’ ongoing community commitments. The G-Unity Foundation, under Jackson’s guidance, assumes a pivotal role as the presenting sponsor for the Washington Commanders Charitable Foundation’s (WCCF) 50/50 raffle on game days. The Branson Lounge & Gallery’s artwork, contributed by local artists, will be auctioned to fans, with a portion of proceeds aiding a WCCF-selected charity. The G-Unity Foundation also steps in to support the WCCF’s annual Harvest Feast and embarks on the Foundation’s initiatives concerning social justice. Established in 2003, Jackson’s G-Unity Foundation fosters social and leadership skills for inner-city youth nationwide.
Introducing the Washington Commanders: A Legacy in Sports Excellence
Rooted in a rich history of athletic prowess, the Washington Commanders, under the stewardship of Managing Partner Josh Harris and a dedicated investor group, have left an indelible mark since their inception in Boston in 1932. As founding members of the NFL’s Eastern Division, their journey traces back to the league’s genesis.
With a pivotal move to Washington, D.C. in 1937, the Commanders secured their place as an iconic sports franchise. Their legacy shines bright with a constellation of achievements: a lineup of Hall of Fame coaches, a remarkable 19 Pro Football Hall of Fame inductees, and a Walter Payton Man of The Year Award recipient in the form of Darrell Green.
Steeped in pride and tradition, the Commanders boast an impressive record, clinching five World Championship titles. These include triumphs in the 1937 and 1942 National Football League Championship games, as well as Super Bowls XVII, XXII, and XXVI.
Since 1997, the team has called FedExField home—an expansive multi-purpose stadium nestled in Landover, MD, setting the stage for their awe-inspiring games. The heart of their Football Operations beats in Ashburn, Virginia, at the OrthoVirginia Training Center at Commanders Park. Meanwhile, their Business Operations hub is centered at the iconic FedExField.
The Washington Commanders stand as more than a team; they’re a living legacy, etching tales of grit, passion, and triumph into the annals of sports history.
Discovering Sire Spirits
Emerging onto the scene in 2017, Sire Spirits has been crafting a legacy of distinction with its exceptional range of wine and spirits. This venture has birthed two standout brands: Le Chemin du Roi Champagne, eloquently translating to “The King’s Path,” and the renowned Branson Cognac. Their meteoric rise has been underscored by a string of well-deserved accolades.
As torchbearers of premium quality, Le Chemin du Roi Champagne and Branson Cognac have garnered acclaim, capturing the essence of craftsmanship and elegance. Their fame extends across the nation, as they grace the shelves of premier hotels, upscale resorts, vibrant casinos, exquisite restaurants, dynamic nightclubs, and inviting bars. Now, adding a new dimension to their journey, these remarkable spirits find a home within professional sports arenas across the United States.
Sire Spirits is not just a brand; it’s a testament to the pursuit of excellence, redefining the landscape of spirits with each bottle and every sip.
The G-Unity Foundation: Empowering Tomorrow’s Leaders
In 2003, Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson founded The G-Unity Foundation, a beacon of empowerment dedicated to nurturing conscious capitalism, social growth, and leadership skills among youth on a national scale. Through dynamic collaborations, both public and private, the foundation channels its energy toward funding, administering, and bolstering initiatives that uplift underserved communities.
The foundation’s impact is felt strongly in Houston, where it partners with the Houston Independent School District, unveiling The G-Unity Business Lab across six high schools. This after-school entrepreneurship program offers students an invaluable platform to grasp fundamental business principles and practical skills, incubating their innovative ideas with insights from local business magnates, corporate entities, and visiting educators, including Jackson himself.
Expanding its horizons in tandem with professional sports partnerships, The G-Unity Foundation works closely with the charitable arms of distinguished teams such as the Houston Rockets, the Houston Astros, the Houston Texans, the Sacramento Kings, the Indiana Pacers, the Minnesota Timberwolves, the Vegas Golden Knights, and the latest addition, the Washington Commanders.
Beyond organized partnerships, Jackson remains an engaged force in community outreach. His generosity stretches across numerous endeavors, from the NAACP Toy Drive to Houston’s Christmas Eve Super Feast, the Houston Symphony, the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo, the American Cancer Society, and various local, regional, and national charities. Every Thanksgiving, Jackson, and his Foundation orchestrate Turkey Drives across multiple US cities, embodying their commitment to giving back.
To delve deeper into the impactful work of The G-Unity Foundation and lend support to its altruistic mission, explore www.gunityfoundation.org.
In essence, the newly forged partnership between the Washington Commanders and Sire Spirits, masterminded by Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson, stands as a testament to the convergence of sportsmanship, innovation, and community upliftment. As the Commanders step onto the field with the backing of Sire Spirits’ exquisite offerings, and as The G-Unity Foundation extends its reach to foster tomorrow’s leaders, a profound narrative of excellence and impact emerges. Both entities, deeply rooted in their respective fields, are united by a shared commitment to enhancing the fan experience, promoting social good, and leaving an enduring legacy that transcends the boundaries of stadiums and spirits. This collaboration symbolizes a dynamic synergy that not only enriches the gameday atmosphere but also serves as a beacon of inspiration for communities far beyond the realm of sports and spirits.
Washington Commanders – FAQs
1. What is the significance of the partnership between the Washington Commanders and Sire Spirits?
- The partnership signifies a collaboration between the football franchise and Sire Spirits, elevating the gameday experience for fans through premium spirits and fostering community initiatives.
2. Who is Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson and what role does he play in this partnership?
- Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson is a renowned artist, entrepreneur, and philanthropist who founded Sire Spirits. He’s a driving force behind the partnership, bringing his spirits and philanthropic efforts to the Washington Commanders.
3. What products are included in Sire Spirits’ lineup for this partnership?
- The partnership features Sire Spirits’ Branson Cognac as the Official Cognac of the Washington Commanders, and Le Chemin du Roi Champagne as the Official Champagne.
4. How does The G-Unity Foundation fit into this partnership?
- The G-Unity Foundation, founded by Curtis Jackson, collaborates closely with the Washington Commanders Charitable Foundation, expanding community initiatives and fostering social and leadership skills for youth.
5. What community efforts are part of the partnership between The G-Unity Foundation and the Washington Commanders Charitable Foundation?
- The partnership includes philanthropic endeavors such as the 50/50 raffle, art auctions, and involvement in the Commanders Charitable Foundation’s programs like Harvest Feast and social justice initiatives.
6. How does Sire Spirits engage with fans through this partnership?
- Fans aged 21 and above will have the opportunity to experience Sire Spirits’ offerings during gamedays and fan events, including the annual Draft Party.
7. What impact does this partnership have on the Washington Commanders and the local community?
- The partnership not only enhances the Commanders’ gameday experience but also extends to community-driven initiatives, showcasing a commitment to the betterment of local communities.
8. Where can I find more information about The G-Unity Foundation’s charitable endeavors?
- You can learn more about The G-Unity Foundation and its philanthropic work by visiting its official website at www.gunityfoundation.org.
9. How has the Washington Commanders franchise contributed to the NFL’s history?
- The Commanders, founded in 1932 and one of the original members of the NFL’s Eastern Division, have an illustrious history with multiple championship wins, Hall of Fame coaches, and renowned players.
10. What facilities serve as headquarters for Washington Commanders’ Football and Business Operations?
- Nestled in Ashburn, Virginia, the OrthoVirginia Training Center at Commanders Park serves as the hub for the Washington Commanders’ Football Operations. Meanwhile, the pulse of Business Operations reverberates from FedExField, situated in Landover, MD.